Homemade White Chocolate Sauce is a quick and creamy addition to any hot drink or dessert. It’s perfect on top of pancakes and waffles, and will become a staple in your kitchen!
I feel like it’s time white chocolate got a shout-out from me! It’s delicious and then some. I know, it doesn’t have cocoa powder in it, so some people will tell you it’s not chocolate. Let’s not get hung up on that, and now we can appreciate how amazingly delicious it really is! If you are a white chocolate lover, you have to try this unique White Hot Chocolate, these delicious and perfect for the holidays White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, and this delectable White Chocolate Eggnog Fudge.
Ghirardelli White Chocolate Sauce
This white chocolate sauce is a must-have in your recipe book! It is creamy and smooth, with the perfect amount of sweetness. This sauce is perfect on top of pancakes (like these pumpkin spice pancakes) or this croissant bread pudding. It would even be great in your white chocolate mocha or on top of a cinnamon roll! If you think of it like a glaze, the number of things you can put it on is endless!
I love desserts, and I’m always trying to figure out if I can frost or glaze them. This sauce is the perfect choice because it’s a little more flavorful than a glaze, but not as rich and stiff as a frosting. It goes great with spiced desserts because it adds a little sweetness without taking over. It’s the perfect thing to drizzle over a delicious chocolate cake or banana bread. I’ve had it on top of my waffles and mixed with my espresso, there really isn’t anything it WON’T go great with! That’s why you need to save this recipe. I know you’ll come back to it again and again!
If you like powdered sugar glaze, then you will love this sauce! This is a simple white chocolate sauce that will wow your taste buds. It is easy to make and has more flavor than a regular glaze. The chocolate you choose will make a difference, so I always use good quality white chocolate. You can find the exact measurements below in the recipe card.
- White Chocolate: The white chocolate you use will make the biggest difference in how this sauce tastes! If you use high-quality chocolate, you will be able to tell. I used Ghiradelli because I love that brand, but use your favorite! You can also use white chocolate chips if you want.
- Half and Half: Half and half is just the perfect amount of cream to help the sauce get thick and rich, without making it get too hard when it cools down. It makes the perfect sauce!
- Butter: Butter adds fat to help the sauce stay creamy and delicious.
- Clear Vanilla Extract: Clear vanilla extract will help your sauce stay white. If you add the darker-coloured extract, it can turn your sauce a little brown. It will still taste great, but I prefer to keep it as white as possible!
How to Make White Chocolate Sauce
If you are looking for a simple and easy recipe, then this is it! I love how easy this sauce is to make, and how delicious it is. Once you taste it, you will be absolutely dazzled by the taste it adds to your favorite desserts! It really couldn’t get any easier than this.
- Heat: Heat the half and half on the stovetop in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Melt: Once it starts to boil, then remove it from the heat and add the chopped chocolate and butter.
- Whisk: Whisk until smooth and then stir in the vanilla.
- Cool: Let cool and enjoy!
Flavor Your White Chocolate Sauce!
White chocolate sauce is so perfect for so many dishes. You could even use it on top of your pancakes, or mix it into your coffee. It makes the perfect addition to winter treats, and here are some fun ways to add different flavors to the sauce.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Pumpkin pie spices are warm and perfect for a cold weather dessert or drink. With spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, this spice blend adds the perfect amount of holiday to the sauce! Add the spices as the half and half begins to steam.
- Chai Spice: Chai spice blend is perfect for flavoring this white chocolate sauce. It is full of warm flavors and spices like cardamom, allspice, and white pepper. It leaves a nice flavor in your mouth and goes great with coffee. Add the spices as the half and half begins to steam.
- Add Alternative Extract: You could flavor this sauce in almost any way with extract! Do you love almonds? Add some almond extract to the dish! You could add peppermint or hazelnut. Get creative and you will be so happy with how the sauce can be made to fit any flavor you like!
- Orange Zest: Orange zest is the perfect way to brighten up this white chocolate sauce. Zest half an orange into the sauce when it is finished but still warm for a great citrus flavor.
If you are like me, then you’ll want to make extra sauce to put on your next dessert! This white chocolate sauce makes great leftovers. Here is how you can save your sauce for later.
- In the fridge: Put your cooled white chocolate sauce in an airtight container and put it in the fridge. It will stay good for up to a week. It will probably be ok to use longer than a week, but because it has dairy in it it would be best to eat in 7 days.
Heat the half and half on the stovetop in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
Once it starts to boil, remove it from the heat and add the chopped chocolate and butter.
Whisk until smooth and stir in the vanilla.
Let cool and enjoy!
Serving2tablespoonsCalories149kcal (7%)Carbohydrates14g (5%)Protein2g (4%)Barrel10g (15%)Saturated fat6g (30%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.3gMonounsaturated Fat3gTrans Fat0.05gCholesterol12mg (4%)Sodium28mg (1%)Potassium82mg (2%)Fiber0.04gSugar14g (16%)Vitamin A85IU (2%)Vitamin C0.2mgCalcium58mg (6%)Iron0.1mg (1%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.