This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This mouth-watering chicken teriyaki bowl recipe only takes 30 minutes to make. Packed with veggies and protein from the chicken breast, and coated with an easy homemade teriyaki sauce. Serve this healthy meal with cooked rice or noodles for the perfect family weeknight meal.
This teriyaki chicken rice bowl is so easy yet delicious, you’ll want to make this time and time again!
Table of Contents
Easy Chicken Teriyaki Bowl Recipe
Besides this teriyaki bowl being super easy and quick to make, this recipe is a keeper! The ingredients are so simple and can easily be thrown in together to make this delicious meal.
Once you try out this delicious teriyaki chicken bowl recipe, you’ll want to make it tonight and save it for your weekly dinner plan. It’s just too easy and good not to make over and over again!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Hardly any wait time – just 30 minutes max – you can satisfy your hunger with a healthy, protein packed meal. Easily can be stored for leftovers throughout the week, making it perfect for packed lunches or meal prepping.
- You can’t go wrong with this easy teriyaki sauce. No junky ingredients and you’ll have full control over the flavors, customizing it however you please. Makes this family loved dish personalized and delicious.
What’s in a Teriyaki Chicken Bowl?
- Olive oil– to sauté the vegetables
- Chopped broccoli florets– healthy dark green veggie packed with necessary nutrients
- Diced red bell pepper– excellent source of vitamin C
- Cubed chicken breasts–
- Salt and pepper– two keys
- Teriyaki Sauce (listed above)
- Cornstarch– to thicken the sauce
How to make a Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- Make the homemade teriyaki sauce – all you do is mix these ingredients in a bowl.
- Sauté vegetables in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Set them aside.
- Brown the chicken pieces on all sides until they’re cooked through. This usually takes about eight minutes of cooking time. Once the cubed chicken pieces are cooked, take them out of the pan and put them in the bowl with the veggies.
- Finish the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with ¼ cup of cold water until smooth. Pour the teriyaki sauce into the skillet and add the cornstarch. Stir to combine and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for a minute or until it thickens.
- Bring it all together: Add the cooked chicken and vegetables back to the skillet with the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Garnish and serve! You can serve the chicken teriyaki as it is or serve it over cooked rice. Garnish each serving with sliced green onions and sesame seeds for a gorgeous presentation! And your chicken teriyaki bowl is now ready to serve! Fast and easy.
This teriyaki chicken recipe can be served in a few different ways. I love to serve my teriyaki chicken with cooked rice or noodles. Either way, this chicken teriyaki recipe always makes a delicious, and comforting bowl to enjoy!
It is not gluten free because of the soy sauce, however you can substitute the soy sauce with a gluten free version, tamari sauce.
You can! This teriyaki rice bowl is perfect for meal prepping because it remains fresh and flavorful even after being stored.
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Yes, you can freeze the chicken. Be sure to seal it well in an airtight container.
Have you made this recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 pound chicken breasts cubed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked rice
Combine sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk well. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add veggies and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Allow chicken to cook and sear on one side for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir or flip chicken pieces to sear other side. Allow to cook another 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Combine cornstarch with ¼ cup cold water in a small bowl.
Give the sauce another whisk, then pour into the skillet. Turn heat to medium. Stir in the cornstarch-water mixture. Continue to stir until the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute.
Add chicken back to skillet and toss to coat well with the sauce. Add veggies and stir just until coated.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve over rice in bowls.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 31g | Dish: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1235mg | Potassium: 758mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1311IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Other Easy Chicken Recipes
We love making easy Teriyaki Chicken Bowls for dinners or to meal prep for lunches throughout the week! This easy chicken teriyaki recipe is great plain or over rice and it’s super easy to make.
Last Updated on January 11, 2023