This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
I’m sharing this super simple instant pot brown rice recipe with you because it has helped me with all of my meal preps. You can use this in so many different types of dishes to satisfy your different moods throughout the week.
Table of Contents
Make Brown Rice in the Instant Pot
I would make a big batch of this instant pot brown rice on Sunday and will prepare different dishes all week long!
I make this on a weekend and portion it for all week. With this one recipe, I made Enchilada Skillets, Chicken Fried Rice, and had more leftovers to add to salads throughout the week.
Who knew healthy eating could be this effortless? If you want an easy way to stay on track, I’ve got this perfect instant pot brown rice recipe just for you!
- Brown Rice: short grain brown rice is what I like to use.
- Chicken Stock: For the best flavor. You can also use any broth or stock you like (chicken, beef, or vegetable).
- Salt: Just a pinch will bring out the rice flavor.
How to make Instant Pot Brown Rice
So simple! But here is how I achieve perfectly cooked brown rice:
- Place the brown rice, stock, and salt in the liner of the instant pot. Place the lid on the pot and lock it into place. Make sure the valve is set to close.
- Turn the instant pot on HIGH pressure for 22 minutes. (On some models, click to turn off the warming function to start.)
- Once it comes to pressure, the clock will start for 22 minutes. When it’s done, do a 10-minute natural release. After 10 minutes, use a kitchen utensil to open the valve to let any remaining steam out.
- Fluff the cooked brown rice with a fork.
And that’s it! You can serve the rice right away with the following easy recipes. Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in a sealed container.
Used for brown rice
Cook time is 22 minutes on HIGH pressure.
I love using stock over water because it adds so much flavor to brown rice.
For every 2 cups of brown rice, add 2 ½ cups of liquid.
2 cups of brown rice to 2 1/2 cups of liquid of your choice.
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
Place rice, stock, and salt in the liner of the instant pot.
Place the lid on the pot and lock into place. Make sure the valve is set to closed.
Turn the pot on HIGH pressure for 22 minutes. (On some models, click to turn off the warming function to start.)
Once it comes to pressure, the clock will start for the 22 minutes. When it’s done, do a 10 minute natural release. After 10 minutes use a kitchen utensil to open the valve to let any remaining steam out.
Fluff rice with fork. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in a sealed container. Perfect for meal prep!
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or garlic powder or black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs
- Seasoning salt in place of the salt
Or any combination of the above!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Dish: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Easy Instant Pot Brown Rice – learn how to make rice in your pressure cooker! This is a great make ahead recipe for meal planning!
Last Updated on January 9, 2023