This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This delicious lemon herb chicken recipe is juicy, tender and only takes 30 minutes to make! An easy chicken breast recipe that is light and healthy so you can add this to your go-to healthy meals.
Table of Contents
Fast Lemon Herb Chicken
I love making this lemon herb chicken breast because the marinade I’m about to show you is so fresh and absolutely delicious. Plus, this herb chicken can be paired with almost anything!
Why you’ll love this recipe
My favorite way to serve this lemon herb chicken is on top of a big green salad or in a pasta salad. But it’s also great with steamed veggies, rice, quinoa, or anything else you like.
Ingredients in Lemon Herb Chicken Breast
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice– to bring out the delicious flavors
- Garlic gloves crushed– or you can use garlic powder
- Onion powder– for that delicious onion flavor
- Olive oil– to oil the grill
- Kosher salt– add more to taste
- Ground black pepper– add to your liking
- Italian seasoning– my favorite seasoning
- Chicken breasts or chicken breast tenders– I prefer using chicken breasts because they’re quick and easy to grill
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
How to make grilled lemon herb chicken
- To make the chicken marinade, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- If you’re using chicken breasts, pound lightly with a rolling pin to make them even in size.
- Soak the chicken in the marinade for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or griddle to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grill with olive oil. Grill the chicken on both sides until done in the middle.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can make your own! Add equal parts of dried thyme, parsley, basil, oregano, and rosemary. Or, simply use any herbs you like.
Simple as that! You can garnish this lemon chicken with chopped fresh parsley for extra flavor. Serve this delicious lemon herb chicken with salads, rice, veggies or my favourite, quinoa for a healthy and fully balanced meal.
I find that the grill is best to cook this recipe because it’s faster and easier.
I love to grill this chicken but you can also bake or broil this chicken. Bake it at 350°F or broil on high, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through.
You can! I just prefer using boneless chicken breasts or tenders because they grill up super quickly.
Store the chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yes you can! Be sure to seal it well.
Have You Made This Recipe
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice about 2-3 lemons, depending on size
- 2 cloves garlic crushed OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pounds chicken breasts or chicken breast tenders
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, oil, salt, pepper, and seasoning.
If you’re using chicken breasts, pound lightly with a rolling pin to make them even in size.
Place marinade on chicken. Light soak for 15-30 minutes.
Preheat grill or griddle to medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill and grill chicken on both sides until done in the middle. Serve warm or room temperature.
This chicken goes great on salad!
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 34g | Dish: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 383mg
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Last Updated on January 13, 2023