This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This easy Enchilada Skillet is a 20 minute meal! It’s perfect to use with rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey or chicken and is SO good! I probably make this twice a month we love it so much!
Table of Contents
Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
At the end of a long day of working, cooking, baking and driving carpool, the last thing I want to do is slave over a hot stove for an hour to make dinner. By 5:00 I’m ready to kick my feet up and watch a Housewives episode, not cook more food. That’s why 20 minute meals and meal prep are such a perfect thing for me, and I assume for you too. If you’re a busy person you need to add this easy skillet recipe to your dinner rotation.
I have the perfect dinner recipe for you! It’s this easy Enchilada Skillet and it’s done in under 20 minutes, seriously!! And, really, even if you haven’t done meal prep it’s only a 30 minute meal!
Enchilada Skillet is an easy foolproof recipe that only takes 20 minutes to make if you’ve meal prepped!
What’s in this Chicken Enchilada Skillet?
With just a few ingredients dinner will be on the table.
- This recipe starts with my Instant Pot Shredded Chicken (you could also use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken).
- Add some beans, corn, onions, and bell pepper to the chicken along with some leftover Instant Pot Brown Rice.
- Then toss it all with enchilada sauce and cheese until it’s hot and bubbly!
I love making enchiladas but this recipe is faster and less involved. Or, if you’re watching carbs, make this a Keto version of Chicken Enchilada Skillet by omitting the rice and serving it over vegetables.
How is this recipe healthier?
- Lots of protein from the chicken
- You can use white rice, brown rice, or even cauliflower rice if you want to be more low carb.
- Use low-fat cheese if you want it to be lower in fat (or use less regular cheese).
- There are only 6 WW Freestyle Points per serving in this easy skillet dinner!
- The macros are great too if you count those!
That’s right: a hearty serving of Mexican food and it’s healthier and fast. It’s like a miracle!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion diced
- 1 bell pepper any color, diced
- 1 15 ounces can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces cooked chicken (shredded or diced)
- 1 10 ounces can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (see notes)
- cilantro for garnish
Add oil to a large skillet and heat to medium high. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
Add the beans, corn, rice, and chicken. Cook 2 minutes, then add the enchilada sauce and cook until heated through and bubbly. Add the cheese and cover, cook until the cheese is melted.
Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
- For WW recipes, use fat-free cheese for points shown.
- 6 WW Freestyle points per serving (4 servings in total).
- Swap out low-fat cheese if you want
- Use cauliflower rice instead!
- Use leftover turkey, chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 33g | Dish: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1334mg | Potassium: 787mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1760IU | Vitamin C: 46.6mg | Calcium: 263mg | Iron: 4.4mg
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Other Favorite EASY Dinners
20 minute meal – this easy chicken recipe is great for a weeknight! Turn Enchiladas into a skillet meal with prepared chicken and rice. This is a great lunch recipe too.
Last Updated on January 12, 2023